Greetings from EyeCare Associates of South Tulsa! Welcome to the inaugural edition of Eyes Forward! Eyes Forward is a newsletter project that we are very excited to launch because this will be a significant platform from which to inform you, our family of referring doctors, on pertinent topics, technological updates, surgical advances, and ongoing updates of the many services that we provide. We have chosen the name “Eyes Forward” because we believe it embodies our wonderful profession and it symbolizes focusing on the task at hand, as well as looking ahead to an exciting future.
As the author of Eyes Forward, please allow me to briefly introduce myself. My name is Dr. George Goodman. I am an Oklahoma native and 3rd generation OD. Recently, I asked to join the EyeCare Associates of South Tulsa team and they hired me to be their Director of Cataract and Refractive Services, a tailored position for my background and one that I am extremely excited that they created for me. Let’s be clear on this point… I want to be here because I truly believe in this company, the skill and expertise of its founders, and their mantra… “Service-oriented, comprehensive eye care in a timely fashion”. In the coming weeks, I will reveal more about myself, but for now, here are a few highlights so you can know a little more about the passionate guy writing to you and the unique experiences that I am fortunate enough to bring to this truly amazing team…
- Education: Graduated from NSUOCO in 1994
- Private practice: Advanced Eye Care & Optical in Oklahoma City (1994-2002)
- Refractive Surgery: Clinical Director of Advanced Laser Center in Oklahoma City (2002-2007)
- Refractive Surgery: Clinical Director of TLC Laser Eye Center in Chicago (2007-2011)
- Medical Device: Senior Manager of Clinical Affairs for Refocus Group in Dallas (2011-2014)
- Refractive Surgery: Clinical Director of TLC Laser Eye Center in Denver (2014-2020)
- Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry (FAAO)
- Vice President of the Optometric Cataract, Cornea and Refractive Society (OCCRS)
- Author of 4 books, TLC’s company newsletter (Focus on Co-Management), and journal articles
- Given hundreds of lectures at the local, state, and national level
As this newsletter evolves, and our audience grows with it, I think it is crucial for all of you to know that I openly welcome your feedback, and I solicit your calls. My door is always open, so to speak. It is my expressed goal to become your “Go-To” guy for all things refractive and surgical. My personal cell number is (405) 245-9333. Please save me as a contact and call me anytime you have a question or a concern. Seriously… I mean that. You will find that I am one of the most approachable and straightforward people you will ever meet. If I can help any of you in any way, I will happily do so.
In our upcoming first edition (Volume 1), we will begin focusing on individual topics that you will find clinically relevant. For now, let me wrap this introduction up by listing just a few of the services that EyeCare Associates of South Tulsa provides, and the team of doctors who provide them:
- Refractive Surgery: LASIK, PRK, Implantable Collamer Lens (ICL), Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
- Cataracts: Surgery, Capsulotomy, Posterior Chamber Intraocular Lenses (Monofocal, Aspheric,
Toric, Extended Depth of Focus, Trifocal, Multifocal)
- Glaucoma: Diagnosis, Management, Treatment, Pharmaceutical, Selective Laser Trabeculoplasty (SLT), Peripheral Iridotomy (PI), Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS), Goniotomy
- Dry Eye: Diagnosis, Management, Treatment, LipiView, LipiFlow, One Touch, Punctal Plugs
- Laser Floater Treatment/Vitreolysis (LFT)
- Diabetic Care: Diagnosis, Management, Treatment, Panretinal Photocoagulation (PRP)
- Macular Degeneration: Diagnosis, Management, Treatment, Intravitreal Injections
- Oculofacial Plastics: Blepharoplasty, Brow Lift, Entropian, Ectropian, Pterygium
- Cosmetic: LATISSE™, BOTOX®, Juvéderm™
- Dan Langley, DO, FAOCO – Board Certified Ophthalmic Surgeon
- Brian Williams, OD – Board Certified Optometrist
- Lindsey Bull, OD, FAAO – Ocular Disease Residency Trained
- Kelli Dyer, DO – Board Certified Ophthalmic Surgeon / Medical Retina Specialist
- Mark Allison, MD – Board Certified Ophthalmic Surgeon
- George Goodman, OD, FAAO – Cataract, Dry Eye and Laser Refractive Specialist
Until next time!
George Goodman, OD, FAAO
Director of Cataract and Refractive Services
EyeCare Associates of South Tulsa
10010 E 81st St #100, Tulsa, OK 74133
O: 918.250.2020 | C: 405-245-9333 | F: 918.250.8910
Service-oriented, comprehensive eye care in a timely fashion.
Please send your comments and suggestions to DrGoodman@southtulsaeye.com
or call Dr. Goodman at (405) 245-9333 (cell).
Missed a newsletter? Find them below.
Dry eyes are often caused by an imbalance in the tear film on the surface of the eye. This causes irritation that leads to inflammation and damage to the cornea. The most common symptom is blurred vision. Other symptoms include burning, itching, redness, and...
NEWSLETTER Eyes FORWARD Implantable Collamer Lenses (ICL) Volume 08 We hope that you’re enjoying our newsletters. In this edition we are going to discuss Implantable Collamer Lenses (ICLs). An ICL is a posterior chamber phakic intraocular lens (pIOL). To be more...
NEWSLETTER Eyes FORWARD Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE) Volume 07 “A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.” Thank you Mr. Shakespeare! Speaking of names, “Refractive Lens Exchange” is known by numerous monikers. Let’s see… (1) Clear Lensectomy, (2) Refractive...
NEWSLETTER Eyes FORWARD Contact Lens De-adaptation Volume 06 Thank you for the support and welcome back! In this newsletter, we are focusing our attention on contact lens de-adaptation. While this may not sound very interesting, I promise you it is… and it is vitally...
NEWSLETTER Eyes FORWARD Laser Floater Treatment – Technology Matters Volume 05 Welcome back! We are all very excited about this second edition of Eyes Forward where we get to talk about Laser Floater Treatment (LFT). LFT, also known as Laser Vitreolysis, is a...
NEWSLETTER Eyes FORWARD Laser Vision Correction: Technology Matters! Volume 04 In this First Edition of our newly minted newsletter, we will focus on Laser Vision Correction (LVC) and discuss the best technology available… and more importantly… why it is the best. As...